Go4Fun is a free program for NSW children to become fitter, healthier and happier, while having fun, meeting friends and learning new skills. It supports healthy lifestyle changes for children and their families, providing interactive and informative sessions for children aged 7-13 years.
The program focuses on making lifestyle changes as a family, encourages healthy eating habits and fitness and improves self-esteem in kids. Best of all, it’s completely free.
Go4Fun Online is a free 10-week program for children aged 7-13 years who are above a healthy weight, and their families. The program provides information and support to improve eating and physical activity habits.
Go4Fun Online is perfect for families who cannot make it to the face-to-face program but still want to learn about healthy lifestyles.
Go4Fun Online is open for registration now.
- Go4Fun face-to-face takes place during school terms, usually after school.
- Qualified health professionals run the program, including dietitians and exercise physiologists.
- Sessions run once a week for two hours, over a 10-week period.
- In the first hour, children and adults learn about healthy eating for the whole family.
- In the second hour, children enjoy game-based activities, while the adults discuss how to work on better health at home.
- As Go4Fun is a family-focused program, a parent or carer must come to every session, but don’t worry if you can’t make it. You can ask grandparents, aunts, uncles or adult siblings to stand in.
Aboriginal Go4Fun was developed in partnership with Aboriginal communities and is delivered by local Aboriginal organisations together with NSW Health. The program encourages the whole community to join in.
Aboriginal Go4Fun includes:
- Aboriginal support staff
- Traditional Indigenous games
- Tailored resources.
Visit Go4Fun for further information on programs.