Go4Fun is a free program for NSW children to become fitter, healthier and happier, while having fun, meeting friends and learning new skills. It supports healthy lifestyle changes for children and their families, providing interactive and informative sessions for children aged 7-13 years.
The program focuses on making lifestyle changes as a family, encourages healthy eating habits and fitness and improves self-esteem in kids. Best of all, it’s completely free.
Go4Fun is looking for people who are passionate about improving the health of children and their families. Go4Fun is a 10-week program, which runs once a week, for two hours after school, during the school term.
We are looking for:
- Facilitate a 1-hour nutrition-based session with children and parents
- Facilitate a 1-hour parent session
- Facilitate a 1-hour activity session with the children
- Support the nutrition leader in delivering the nutrition session
Leaders must commit to the whole 10 weeks for a 3 hour period per week.
What qualifications do I need?
- A health background (e.g. Dietetics, Exercise Physiology, Physiotherapy, Social Work, Psychology, Nursing)
- You will also need:
- a current Working with Children’s Check
- professional Indemnity and Public Liability insurances
- evidence of COVID-19 double vaccination
- a current NSW drivers licence.
What experience do I need?
- Working with children and their families.
- Facilitating group education sessions with children and adults.
- Setting personal health goals for families.
Other qualities we are looking for
- Can work flexible hours.
- Can work in Coffs Harbour, Kempsey and Port Macquarie areas to lead sessions.
- Have the ability to motivate, inspire and interact well with children and their parents/carers.
- Enjoy working with children and families.
- Facilitator training
- Go4Fun leader shirt
- Leader manual
- Leader kit (nutrition/exercise equipment)
- Weekly support
How to apply
If you are interested in becoming a Go4Fun Leader please complete a short expression of interest survey and email your resume.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Go4Fun Online is a free 10-week program for children aged 7-13 years who are above a healthy weight, and their families. The program provides information and support to improve eating and physical activity habits.
Go4Fun Online is perfect for families who cannot make it to the face-to-face program but still want to learn about healthy lifestyles.
Go4Fun Online is open for registration now.
- Go4Fun face-to-face takes place during school terms, usually after school.
- Qualified health professionals run the program, including dietitians and exercise physiologists.
- Sessions run once a week for two hours, over a 10-week period.
- In the first hour, children and adults learn about healthy eating for the whole family.
- In the second hour, children enjoy game-based activities, while the adults discuss how to work on better health at home.
- As Go4Fun is a family-focused program, a parent or carer must come to every session, but don’t worry if you can’t make it. You can ask grandparents, aunts, uncles or adult siblings to stand in.
Aboriginal Go4Fun was developed in partnership with Aboriginal communities and is delivered by local Aboriginal organisations together with NSW Health. The program encourages the whole community to join in.
Aboriginal Go4Fun includes:
- Aboriginal support staff
- Traditional Indigenous games
- Tailored resources.
Visit Go4Fun for further information on programs.