Keeping active during your pregnancy is important for both you and your baby. Keeping active doesn’t mean you have to sign up to a gym. Simply choosing to walk each day can provide many benefits for a healthy pregnancy.
Keeping active through pregnancy can help you to:
- feel less stressed
- have a shorter and easier labour
- sleep better
- feel more energised
- have fewer pregnancy related symptoms including nausea, heartburn and backpain
- return to your pre-pregnancy weight and fitness.
Remaining active through pregnancy can help to support a healthy pregnancy, birth and beyond. The Get Healthy in Pregnancy program helps to support women to stay healthy and well throughout their pregnancy.
Keeping active at a level that is comfortable for you can help with pregnancy and childbirth. Walking, swimming and other gentle exercises are ideal to keep moving while pregnant.
- Get support and access to resources to stay healthy and well throughout your pregnancy.
- You can use the pregnancy weight gain calculator to see what your weight gain range may be.
The Mid North Coast maternity and antenatal services will provide you with support and care throughout your pregnancy and birth.