Eating well and being active can help keep us healthy and independent as we age.
Making healthy changes can help to:
- maintain a healthy weight
- have enough energy to get through the day
- stay independent for longer
- improve your fitness and strength
- reduce your need for health care or hospitalisations.
It is never too late to get started on some healthier habits. The Get Healthy Information and Coaching service is a free and confidential phone-based service supporting you to make healthy lifestyle changes.
Active & Healthy can support you to get moving more each day. It’s a free 10-week healthy lifestyle program providing exercises to do at home.
If you are at risk of falling or scared of falling you can access the falls prevention program to build your confidence and keep you on your feet. Stepping on is available as a 7-week community-based falls prevention program. It is designed to build your strength and confidence to prevent falls and keep you active and independent.
- Active & Healthy provides a range of tips and recipes to help you to eat better and get moving
- Get Healthy for the Mob on the Healthy Eating Active Living NSW website provides you with some healthy recipes and tips to keep you eating well.
- Staying active and on your feet is a falls prevention resource with some ideas to reduce your risk of falling.
In partnership with Galambila Aboriginal Health Service, we have established a Walking on Country group in Coffs Harbour, which helps Elders to meet new friends and connect to country, and improve their physical, cultural and social wellbeing and health.
The Walking on Country group walks at 10am each Monday at the Coffs Harbour Jetty.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
A special thank you to the Gumbaynggirr Elders and their ancestors for their ongoing care of the land and water where the filming occurred.