Staying active in our older years can help keep us healthy and independent for longer. Research shows that any exercise, at any age, can help to improve our health and well-being.
Being active every day can help to:
- maintain a healthy weight
- improve your strength and fitness
- keep you independent and able to do the day-to-day activities
- prevent or reduce the severity of chronic disease
- provide social connection
- improve your confidence and sense of wellbeing.
It is never too late to start some healthier habits. The Get Healthy Information and Coaching service is a free and confidential phone based service supporting you to make healthy lifestyle changes.
Active & Healthy provides tips and advice for healthy eating and active living as well as information on a range of programs that may suit you.
The Healthy Eating Active Living NSW website has loads of tips and resources to help you get started.