Resources for young people
Here’s everything you need to know about vaping:
- The facts about vaping – Tobacco and smoking (nsw.gov.au) – This website explains what vapes are, the harms of vaping, why vapes are so addictive, support to say no to vaping and how to seek support to quit.
- Dr Karl’s vape truths | Vape Truths Site (initiatives.qld.gov.au) – Get the truth about vaping in a series of myth-busting videos featuring Australia’s favourite scientist, Dr Karl Kruszelnicki.
- Unveil what you inhale Factsheet by Lung Foundation Australia – This resource was developed with young Australians for young Australians to show the facts, raise the issues and provide advice on vaping and how to take action when it comes to the risks.
- Vaping what we know by Your Room (NSW GOV) – This website tells you everything you need to know about vaping, including vaping and the law and where to get help.
- Youth vaping resources by Quit Victoria – This website provides information about vaping and a video for teens.
- E-cigarettes – Health Promotion Tobacco – Dr Lyndon Bauer – This webpage provides information about e-cigarettes (vapes), the harms of vaping, where to report illegal supply of vapes, spot the signs of nicotine addiction and where to find support to quit vaping.
- Understanding the health risks of vaping – youtube – Watch Dr Lyndon Bauer, a GP on the Central Coast and the Health Promotion Service’s research and evaluation officer, answer the burning questions around e-cigarettes and vaping – including the risks associated with COVID-19 – and debunks some myths along the way.
- E-cigarettes and Vaping Factsheet by Drug and Alcohol Research and Training (DARTA) – This factsheet from Drug and Alcohol Research and Training Australia informs teachers about vaping safety and the law.
- Electronic Cigarettes and Vaping: Factsheet by Positive Choices – This website provides information about the effects of vaping (immediate and long term), common vaping myths and webinar on what you need to know about vaping.
- Know when you are being played – This video explores the issues of manipulation and the way the Tobacco Industry uses this to recruit new consumers, young people, to their product.