Building Strong Foundations
Build Strong Foundations (BSF) is a culturally appropriate outreach service for Aboriginal children from birth to five years, which consists of an Aboriginal health worker and child and family health nurse.
The BSF is fully integrated within mainstream clinical services within the Hastings Macleay Network acute and community health services.
The BSF service works in close collaboration with Durri, AMIHS and early childhood service, the Aboriginal community, government and non-government organisations.
- Culturally sensitive and flexible home visiting service from birth.
- Breastfeeding, sleep and settling support.
- Child development checks.
- Immunisation information.
- Weekly discharge planning and intake meetings.
- Engage outreach communities and clients to have access to child, adolescent and family services.
- Participation in joint community development activities.
119 River St
West Kempsey NSW 2440