Aboriginal Maternal Infant Health Service (AMIHS)
The service is delivered through a continuity-of-care model, where midwives and Aboriginal health workers collaborate to provide a high-quality maternity service that is culturally safe, women-centred, based on primary healthcare principles and provided in partnership with Aboriginal people.
AMIHS acknowledges and builds on the awareness, knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal families and communities about pregnancy and child health.
Services provided by AMIHS include:
- comprehensive and regular antenatal health checks
- booking into maternity hospitals
- smoking cessation programs
- referral and support to access other services
- health promotion and community development activities
- postnatal checks and support
- information on infant feeding and nutrition.
Self-referral is accepted.
Cnr Boambee Street and Harbour Drive
Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
This service is based at Galambila Aboriginal Health Service, run by MNCLHD.
100 Darruya Road
North Macksville NSW 2447
4 Fred Brain Avenue
Nambucca Heads NSW 2448
Port Macquarie NSW 2444