The Social Work Department provides a range of supportive services including:
- coping emotionally with adjustment to illness and the impact on family, including carers
- managing stress, depression and anxiety
- communicating with family, friends and medical teams
- practical, legal and financial concerns
- effects of illness on self-esteem, confidence and lifestyle
- Carer stress
- grief and loss issues.
- Professional support in adapting to serious and chronic illness.
- Family conferences around important decisions.
- Stress and anxiety management.
- Assistance with practical, financial and legal matters .
- Information and referral to community resources
Referrals are hospital internal referral. Patients and family/carers are welcome to self-refer.
345 Pacific Highway
Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
119 River St
West Kempsey NSW 2440
Monday to Wednesday 8am to 4.30pm
Port Macquarie NSW 2444
69 High St
Wauchope NSW 2446