Paediatric Outpatient Dietitian
The Paediatric Outpatient Dietitian provides services in the Coffs Harbour area for paediatrics (those younger than 18 years).
Services are provided for the following conditions:
- diagnosed food allergies or intolerances e.g. coeliac disease, cow’s milk protein allergy
- faltering growth and associated infant feeding difficulties
- nutrient deficiencies e.g. iron-deficiency anaemia
- enteral nutrition
- eating disorders
- childhood overweight and obesity (+/- Insulin resistance, hypertension and dyslipidemia.
The Paediatric Outpatient Dietitian is also involved in the Paediatric Feeding Assessment and Management (FAM) Clinic with a speech pathologist and occupational therapist.
Must be aged under 18 years of age.
- Paediatric services in the Macksville, Nambucca and Bowraville areas are provided by the community dietitian.
- Individuals who are seeking assistance for a disability related service, and have NDIS funding, should speak with their NDIS coordinator or the NDIA about referral to private dietitian services.
- Individuals who are seeking assistance for disordered eating or a diagnosed eating disorder may be eligible to see private dietitian services under an Eating Disorders Plan (EDP) – the general practitioner will be able to assess eligibility and refer to these services if appropriate.
- Individuals who are aged between 7-13 years of age and seeking assistance with childhood overweight or obesity, are eligible for the Go4Fun program.
A doctor or other health professional referral is required to see the Paediatric Outpatient Dietitian. To be seen in the FAM Clinic suitability needs to be assessed by either the speech pathologist, dietitian or occupational therapist first.
345 Pacific Highway
Coffs Harbour NSW 2450