Early Pregnancy Assessment Service (EPAS)
Early Pregnancy Assessment Service (EPAS) is for women less than 20 weeks pregnant with:
- threatened or actual early pregnancy loss
- a pregnancy of unknown location.
EPAS provides assessment, investigation, diagnosis, management and counselling. EPAS makes a care plan with each woman, including referral, follow up care and community support information.
All MNCLHD Emergency Departments (ED) provide support to women less than 20 weeks pregnant with threatened or actual early pregnancy loss or a pregnancy of unknown location. ED may also refer you to EPAS for follow up care.
Self referral- Referral from a Doctor is not required.
- Women who have bleeding and/or discomfort under 20 weeks pregnant.
- Women with a non-viable or ectopic pregnancy confirmed on ultrasound scan.
- Women with pregnancy of unknown location or uncertain viability.
- Woman with gestational trophoblastic disease (molar pregnancy).
- Women who require methotrexate treatment.
- Woman who require RhD immunoglobulin (Anti D) due to early pregnancy loss or threat of miscarriage.