Being sick or injured can be frightening and emotionally draining. In addition to your medical care, our hospital makes available emotional and spiritual care for you and your loved ones.
Pastoral Care is concerned with the well being of the human spirit.
Our Chaplaincy Service offers emotional and spiritual support during times of change and challenge that is sensitive to, and respectful of, each person’s individual needs.
Your Chaplain is available to listen, to comfort and to help you draw upon your religious or spiritual strength. Chaplains are available on request.
Your hospital chaplain respects your religious tradition and personal experiences.
- Having someone to pray with.
- Helping you through grief and loss.
- Helping you explore your spirituality.
- Bringing Sacramental support.
We also welcome the involvement of your home clergy while you’re being cared for in the hospital. We’ll be glad to help you contact clergy of any faith to visit and comfort you and your family.
Pastoral services are available on request at all local hospitals including:
- Bellinger River District Hospital
- Coffs Harbour Health Campus
- Dorrigo Health Campus
- Kempsey District Hospital
- Macksville District Hospital
- Port Macquarie Base Hospital
- Wauchope District Memorial Hospital.
Please ask the staff to contact a Chaplain or Pastoral Worker on your behalf.