Maternity Services on the Mid North Coast are offered through Port Macquarie Base Hospital, Kempsey District Hospital, Macksville District Hospital, Coffs Harbour Health Campus. Aboriginal Maternal Infant Health Service (AMIHS). Is also offered across the Mid North Coast area.
For further information for your pregnancy, labour, birth and caring for your baby go to Mothers and Babies Resources.
Services available at these locations
Coffs Harbour Health Campus
345 Pacific Highway
Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
Phone 02 6656 7214
Coffs Maternity Unit provides care for pregnancy, labour and birth, special care nursery and post birth care including home maternity care.
The Pregnancy Care Service can be contacted on 6656 5300 during business hours for appointments and bookings. Women can self-refer to this service or may be referred by a GP for pregnancy care. We encourage women to book their first visit as early as possible, preferably between 10 to 12 weeks.
For women experiencing early pregnancy complications the Early Pregnancy Assessment Service (EPAS) is available to provide care for women up to 20 weeks’ gestation. For further information you can contact the Pregnancy Care Service on 6656 5300 during business hours.
Pregnancy Care open Monday to Saturday with evening clinics till 7.00pm on Monday and Thursday.
Please phone 6656 5300 for an appointment.
119 River Street
Phone 02 6562 6155 or Maternity direct 6562 0300
Inpatient maternity services including antenatal, postnatal and delivery from 36 completed weeks including LUSCS and epidural.
Referral is required – if women wish to have a baby with us they must book in before 14 weeks gestation with a referral from their Doctor. Phone to make an appointment
Wednesday and Thursday
Booking in via Phone.
Classes ceased at present.
Labour and Birth
Continuing to provide labour and birth.
Alternative contact numbers for the Maternity unit:
Phone 6562 0221
Phone 6562 0223
Macksville Health Campus
100 Darruya Road
Phone 02 6598 3383
Macksville Maternity Unit is open 24 hours a day seven days a week.
Macksville Pregnancy Care Service by appointment only.
Referral is helpful for the Pregnancy Care Service but not essential.
Our Maternity Services Provide:
- Low risk birthing
- Postnatal and antenatal inpatient unit
- Outpatient Services for pregnancy concerns greater than 20 weeks’ gestation, postnatal issues, neonatal issues, SWISH hearing screening, breastfeeding problems (lactation Consultant available Monday to Friday)
- Tertiary referral and transfer as needed
- Midwives available 24 hours a day and access to VMO GP/Obstetricians on an on call basis
- Antenatal Classes (are on hold for the moment)
- Positioning classes (are on hold for the moment)
- Referral to child and family health on discharge.
Our Pregnancy Care Services Provide:
- Routine antenatal care from any gestation with consultations with a midwife and GP/OBS if needed
- Booking for birthing locally or in Coffs Harbour
- Shared care with local GPs and Coffs Pregnancy Care Service
- Vaccination service for pregnancy such as boostrix and fluvax and Anti D as presently recommended in the schedule for pregnancy
- Referrals to allied health services such as social work, physiotherapy, support services
- Pathology services available within the facility.
Port Macquarie Base Hospital
Port Macquarie NSW 24500
Phone 02 5524 2000
Maternity 02 5524 2400
Port Macquarie provides antenatal care to all pregnant women please contact the service for clinic times and bookings.
Early Pregnancy Assessment Service
8.30 – 12.30 Monday – Friday. No referral is required for this service.
Home Midwifery Service
Early Discharge Program and a Midwifery Extended Care Program service is offered 6 days a week for women that discharge before 48 hours or may need some extra care particularly breast feeding or babies that may have been admitted to the Special Care Nursery.
The Maternity Unit has 15 antenatal, postnatal and 4 gynaecological beds, 3 birthing rooms, assessment room and 8 special care nursery beds.