Nominations now open for Child Protection Excellence AwardsJul 20, 2023
Do you know of a staff member or service that is dedicated to the health and safety of children and their families on the Mid North Coast?
Why not acknowledge their efforts by nominating them in the 2023 Child Protection Excellence Awards for Champions on the Mid North Coast.
You can nominate an individual, service or initiative that demonstrates outstanding leadership, innovation or commitment to promoting better outcomes for children and families in the Mid North Coast.
Nominations are open across the following categories:
- Shows a commitment to a child safe culture.
- Demonstrates Leadership in promoting the best interests of children.
- Promotes participation by children and young people in any decisions or actions that impact them.
Agent for Equity and Equality
- Anticipates children’s diverse circumstances and responds to addition vulnerabilities
- Promotes rights of children to access information, services, and supports.
- Promotes equity of service provision that breaks down potential barriers to services.
Dedication to Collaborative Work
- Shows a commitment to working collaboratively with others to promote the health and safety of children and families
The People’s Champion
- A ‘go-to’ staff member who is a wealth of knowledge and experience
- A supporter of other staff in working towards the best interests of children and young people.
Leadership in promoting the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal Children and Families
- Shows a strong commitment to ensuring the best interests of Aboriginal Children are met
- Is an advocate for the safety, welfare and wellbeing of Aboriginal Children and their families.
Leadership in promoting the health and wellbeing of culturally and linguistically diverse families.
- Shows a strong commitment to ensuring the best interests of culturally and linguistically diverse children are met.
- Is an advocate for the safety, welfare, and wellbeing of culturally and linguistically diverse children and their families.
Working with Adults to Keep Children Safe
- Work primarily with adults, but whose work improves the safety and wellbeing of children in the care of, or have contact with, those adults.
Empowering women in pregnancy
- Empower women in pregnancy.
Partnering with Young People
- Are advocates, leaders, or innovators in promoting the voices, rights, and wellbeing of young people.
The closing date for nominations is Friday, 18 August 2023.
For more information contact the Child Protection and Wellbeing Co-ordinator Jennifer Crevola at: Jennifer.Crevola@health.nsw.gov.au