Did you know that falls are the leading cause of injury-related hospitalisations in NSW? And people aged over 65 years make up 57% of fall-related hospitalisations?
Stepping On is a free community-based program designed to help reduce the risk of falling and improve mobility at home and when you are out and about.
Stepping On is for for Indigenous (45 years and older) and non-Indigenous adults (65 years and older) who are scared of falling or have fallen recently (and who live at home and are able to walk independently or with a walking stick).
Stepping On is a free 7-week program that combines gentle strength and balance exercises with educational sessions. Stepping On focuses on:
- exercises that improve strength and balance
- how to make a safer home and move safely in the community
- safe footwear, vision and medication management
- healthy eating for strong bones
- falls hazard awareness
- independence and how to enjoy everyday.