Empowering Patients to Stay Well This Winter by supporting General Practice address winter demand from April 2018 until September 2018.
The Seasonal Demand Coordinated High Intensity Patient Care Initiative is a joint project of the Mid North Coast Local Health District (MNCLHD) and North Coast Primary Health Network (NCPHN) to support General Practice respond to the surge in healthcare demand over winter.
The initiative aims to empower patients with chronic and/or complex conditions to stay well at home during winter.
The emphasis will be on:
- Priority access to General Practice
- Active engagement with patients via patient focussed care team coordination and early intervention when health deteriorates
- Increased self-management through Sick Day Action Planning and other health coaching.
NCPHN will provide general practices with funding and resources to identify and support high intensity patients over winter.
NCPHN and MNCLHD sought participation for up to five General Practices for 250 patients across our region and have accepted enrolments from the following participants to provide this opportunity to 180 patients:
- Dr Lerm’s Surgery Woolgoolga
- Nambucca Healthcare Centre
- Urunga Medical Centre
- Westside Medical Centre Port Macquarie.
To find out more visit the Coordinated High Intensity Patient Care webpage click here.