The Health Transport Unit based at Port Macquarie Health Campus provides non – emergency health related transport (NEHRT) for disadvantaged members of the community who need to attend medical appointments at Mid North Coast and Northern New South Wales Local Health facilities. The Health Transport Unit (HTU) will coordinate non – emergency health related transport services by providing:
- Transport assistance for eligible clients that meet NEHRT criteria
- Information about other transport subsidy schemes & transport services
- Safe and timely transport to suit individual requirements wherever possible, clients must be prepared to share resources that may require some wait-time.
Criteria for Accessing the Service
- You are not able to access transport through any other agency
- You are a permanent resident of Mid North or Northern New South Wales
- You do not have access to a vehicle or are unable to drive at the moment.
- You have no other family member or friends that can assist.
- You cannot use public transport
- You have an appointment at a health service facility.
Ineligibility for Non – Emergency Health Related Transport (NEHRT)
- You require emergency transport (Call NSW Ambulance Service 000)
- You require transport for non health related reasons ie: shopping, visitation
- You require transport for: private – dental, physio, psychiatric services, G.P appointment, medical appointment that forms part of a Motor Vehicle Claim.
- You require therapeutic intervention during transit and are unable to self administer or do not have a carer to administer treatment
- Require personal assistance if carer can not be sourced ie: push wheelchair, assist with walking, wait at an appointment with client.
- You are not able to travel in a seated position
- You live outside the geographical area covered by Mid North Coast and Northern New South Wales Local Health Districts.
Services available at these locations
Phone 1300 552 961
Monday to Friday between 8.00am and 4.30pm