There are many programs available to support the health and wellbeing of preschool and primary school aged children in the Mid North Coast Local Health District, such as:
- Live Life Well @ School which aims to get students more active, more often as well as improving their eating habits.
- Crunch & Sip is a set break during the school day in which students can eat fruit (or salad vegetables) and drink water in the classroom.
- Munch & Move supports the healthy development of children from birth to five years by promoting physical activity, healthy eating and reduced small screen time.
- Go4Fun is a free ten week program for children above healthy weight to become fitter, healthier and happier.
- Cooks in Care aims to assist and support cooks in preparing nutritionally balanced meals in childcare centres.
- Healthy Canteens is your one stop shop for information relating to recommended menus and foods for primary and secondary school canteens.
- Active Kids Vouchers: Redeem your vouchers with a local provider.
Information is also available to assist families in identifying smoke free outdoor areas where children can play and interact without the risk of inhaling second hand cigarette smoke.
NSW Health’s Smoke Free Health Care Policy aims to reduce the risks to health associated with tobacco use by clients, staff and visitors to NSW Health facilities. The Policy is applicable at all NSW Health facilities, including all hospitals and community health centres in the Mid North Coast Local Health District.