There are many programs available to support the health and wellbeing of adults in the Mid North Coast Local Health District, including:
- Quit Smoking provides useful information for adults who are considering or would like to quit smoking.
- Get Healthy Service is a free, confidential telephone-based service which helps people to make positive lifestyle changes to achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
- Risky Drinking which aims to provide education on the effects of excessive drinking such as health, personal and social problems.
- Heart Foundation Walking, Australia’s largest community-based walking network, and it’s free.
- Get Healthy at Work, which helps businesses to develop plans to address health issues within the workplace such as obesity, lack of physical activity and risky drinking.
- Smoke Free Pregnancy, which provides information for those who are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant, and wish to give up smoking.
Information is also available to assist Adults in identifying smoke free outdoor areas where they can interact without the risk of inhaling second hand cigarette smoke.
NSW Health’s Smoke Free Health Care Policy aims to reduce the risks to health associated with tobacco use by clients, staff and visitors to NSW Health facilities. The Policy is applicable at all NSW Health facilities, including all hospitals and community health centres in the Mid North Coast Local Health District.