Child Dental Services are provided to all eligible children under the age of 18. There is a strong emphasis on education, promotion and prevention. Both emergency and general dental care are provided under The Priority Oral Health Program and Waitlist Management Policy.
- Services are predominantly provided by Oral Health Therapists
- Services provided include Specialist Referral, as required, to both Paediatric and Orthodontic services.
Paediatric Specialist Service
- Monthly clinic at Coffs Harbour by an internal referral process.
- Provided at Coffs Harbour, Port Macquarie and Kempsey Dental Clinics.
- Referral is via an internal referral process.
- Orthodontic services are limited to severe cases.
- Children must hold or be listed as a dependent on a valid Australian Government Concession Card.
Eligibility for Children for free Oral Health Services
- Normally reside within the boundary of the Mid North Coast Local Health District, and;
- Be less than 18 years of age, and;
- Hold a current Medicare card.
- Additional eligibility criteria may apply for some specialist services, such as orthodontic services.
Adult and Child Access to services is via the Oral Health Contact Centre on 1300 651 625.
Services available at these locations
Coffs Harbour Health Campus
345 Pacific Highway
Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
Kempsey Dental Clinic,
Kempsey Health Campus,
Port Macquarie Community Health Campus