Adult Dental Services
Adult Dental Services are provided to all eligible adults. There is an emphasis on providing emergency care, however general dental care is also provided under The Priority Oral Health Program.
Some of the programs offered by Adult Dental Services include:
- The Priority Oral Health Program
- POHP prioritises access to dental assessment and treatment based on medical and dental need as well as socio-economic and other risk factors. The POHP triage questionnaire assists services to prioritise patients’ priority for clinical assessment according to the urgency of their problem
- Priority Clinical Code allocated determines whether the person receives an appointment at this time or is placed onto a waiting list
- Services provided are General Dental Care, emergency care and specialist referrals.
- The Spencer Outreach Program
- On site general dental services are provided to Residential Aged Care Facilities, in the purpose built dental van. 33 sites are visited providing access to 3000 clients
- For further information on The Spencer Outreach Program, please contact Clair O’Rourke on 02 65 88 2674.
- Oral Health Fee For Service Scheme
- Contracted services are provided through the Private Sector.
- Oral Surgery Services
- Oral Surgery services are provided at Coffs Harbour and Port Macquarie.
Eligibility of Adults for Oral Health Care Services
For an adult to be eligible for free public oral health services they must:
- Normally reside within the boundary of the Mid North Coast Local Health District, and;
- Be 18 years of age or older, and;
- Hold a current Medicare card, and;
- Hold, or be listed as a dependent on, one of the following valid Australian Government concession cards:
- Health Care Card
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card.
Note that holders of the State Seniors Card are not eligible for care unless they also hold one of the other concession cards listed above.
Please bring current above cards to your appointment and arrive 10 minutes early.
Services available at these locations
Coffs Harbour Health Campus
345 Pacific Highway
Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
Kempsey Dental Clinic,
Kempsey Health Campus,
Crn River & Polwood Streets
Port Macquarie Community Health Campus