The Hospital in the Home Service provides an alternative to acute hospital admission.
Patients may be discharged from hospital early and have the remainder of their treatment under our Program, or may avoid the Emergency Department and a hospital admission altogether. Patients may be managed as outpatients, or virtual inpatients. Care is attended in our clinics, or in the patient’s home.
- IV antibiotics (cellulitis/osteomyelitis/endocarditis/UTI/community acquired pneumonia)
- Titration of warfarin (AF/DVT/PE)
- Complex Wound & drain management (trauma/post-surgical) including follow-up of pathology.
Service criteria applies for this service.
- Referrals are accepted from GPs, inpatient services, other hospitals, previous patients and family members.
- Referrals are accepted of patients who would otherwise occupy an acute hospital inpatient bed.
Services available at these locations
Coffs Harbour Community Health
345 Pacific Highway
Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
via Intake Officer
Phone 02 6656 7646
Fax 02 6656 7610
Port Macquarie Community Health
Port Macquarie NSW 2444
Phone 02 5524 2069
Fax 02 6588 2800