Criteria for referral
- Documented diagnosis of Cardiac Disease, COPD, Hypertension, Diabetes
or Congestive Heart Failure
- Likely compliance to a developed care plan
- Reside in area of coverage
- Age >18yrs or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Age >16 AND
- Have one UNPLANNED admission in the past 12 months with one of the
chronic DRG’s OR
- 3 or more unplanned admissions in a 12 month period with one of the chronic diseases as either the principle or additional diagnosis.
Exclusion criteria apply for this service.
- This program aims to improve the quality of life of people and their Carers with chronic & complex conditions such as COPD, Coronary Heart Disease,
Chronic Heart Failure, Diabetes and Hypertension
- Comprehensive assessment of care needs
- Multidisciplinary Care Plan coordinated with the client, their carer, GP and other Health and Community Care Providers
- Education and self-management of the chronic illness
- Initiation and coordination of services as required.
People can self refer, internal & external agents can fax a referral to Intake Services. (See your local Community Health Centre for Community and Allied Health Referral form.)
Services available at these locations
Coffs Harbour Community Health
345 Pacific Highway
Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
Referrals via Intake
Phone 02 6656 7646
Fax 02 6656 7610