Build Strong Foundations (BSF) is a culturally appropriate outreach service for Aboriginal children from birth to 5 years, which consists of an Aboriginal Health Worker and Child & Family Health Nurse.
The BSF is fully integrated within mainstream clinical services within the Hastings Macleay Network Acute and Community Health services. The BSF service works in close collaboration with Durri, AMIHS and Early Childhood Service, the Aboriginal community and Government and Non-Government organisations.
- Culturally sensitive and flexible home visiting service from birth
- Breastfeeding, sleep and settling support
- Child development checks
- Immunisation information
- Weekly discharge planning and intake meetings
- Engage outreach communities and clients to have access to Child, Adolescent and Family Services
- Participation in joint community development activities.
Services available at these locations
Kempsey Primary and Community Care
119 River Street
West Kempsey NSW 2440
Monday Tuesday and Wednesday
8:00am – 4:30pm
Self referrals are accepted.
Phone: 02 6561 2609
Fax: 02 6561 2620