The Oncology Social Workers/Counsellors are part of the MNCCI multidisciplinary team and specialise in providing emotional & practical support before, during and after cancer treatment.
Cancer treatment can be a very stressful and challenging time for patients, their families and carers.
Some of the issues affecting people living with cancer include:
- Coping emotionally with adjustment to diagnosis or recurrence
- Coping with treatment side-effects
- Managing stress, depression and anxiety
- Communicating with family, friends and doctors
- Making difficult decisions
- Practical, legal & financial concerns
- Effects of treatment on self-esteem, confidence & lifestyle
- Carer stress
- Sadness, loss & grief
- Survivorship Types of support provided
- Professional support in adapting to serious & chronic illness
- Individual, couple & family counselling
- Family conferences around important decisions
- Stress & anxiety management
- Assistance with practical, financial & legal matters
- Transport & accommodation issues
- Information & referral to community resources.
Referrals are accepted from all health care professionals. Patients are welcome to self-refer.
Services available at these locations
Phone 02 6656 5737
Opening hours: 8.30am – 5pm Monday – Friday
Phone 02 6580 1807
Opening Hours: 8.30am – 5pm Monday – Friday