After your total hip or total knee replacement our physiotherapists will assist you and supervise your exercise program to recover muscle and joint function to assist your return to the activities that you enjoy.
This is a standardised rehabilitation program to facilitate a consistent and successful recovery from your operation.
Our physiotherapists will monitor your progress carefully, and adjust your program according to your ability.
Services available at these locations
To refer to Physiotherapy Services at Coffs Harbour specify the service you require and mail or fax your referral to the following address:
Coffs Harbour Health Campus Physiotherapy Service
345 Pacific Highway
Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
Fax 02 6656 7687
Referrals are triaged according to assessed urgency.
For further information please contact:
Phone 02 6656 7700
8am – 4.30pm Monday – Friday except public holidays.
Port Macquarie Base Hospital
Port Macquarie, NSW 2444
Fax 02 5524‑2139
Post-Operative Total Knee Class 2 days per week Mondays and Thursdays 3-4pm.
- mail a referral letter to Physiotherapy Department PMBH, Wrights Road, Port Macquarie, NSW 2444, or
- fax a referral letter to (02) 5524‑2139, or
- email a referral letter to MNCLHD-PMBH-Physiotherapy@health.nsw.gov.au..
- Include the following information:
- the patient’s diagnosis and symptoms (particularly neurological)
- how long they have had it
- if it is affecting activities of daily living or if the patient is off work because of the injury.
- Referrals are triaged 1, 2, 3, 4 according to the injury and the time since the injury occurred.
- For advice, email MNCLHD-PMBH-Physiotherapy@health.nsw.gov.au..
Kempsey District Hospital
Kempsey NSW 2440
Phone 02 6562 0294
Fax 02 6562 0349
Hours Wed/Fri 1:15 pm
Refer via: Fax: 6562 0349 or Email: MNCLHD-KEMP-Physiotherapy
Wauchope Community Health
69 High Street
Wauchope NSW 2446
Phone: 6580 8065 Fax: 6585 3441
Post-Operative Total Knee Class 1 day per week on a Tuesday. Class times have changed due to COVID to facilitate social distancing. Your physiotherapist will call to advise you of your class time.
Referral from a Doctor or Physiotherapist to be emailed to: MNCLHD-WAU_Physiotherapy@health.nsw.gov.au