Adult and Paediatric outpatient hydrotherapy provides individual programs for people with musculo-skeletal conditions, some neurological conditions or injuries which would be responsive to water-based exercise.
Ante-natal hydrotherapy provides water-based exercise groups sessions for pregnant women. Women must phone the Physio Department to book into this service.
Services available at these locations
To refer to Physiotherapy Services at Coffs Harbour specify the service you require and mail or fax your referral to the following address:
Coffs Harbour Health Campus Physiotherapy Service
345 Pacific Highway
Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
Fax 02 6656 7687
Referrals are triaged according to assessed urgency.
For further information please contact:
Phone 02 6656 7700
Ante-natal sessions which are 5.30-6.30pm Monday & Wednesday & 11.30am-12.30pm Tuesday bookings essential.
Port Macquarie Base Hospital
Port Macquarie, NSW 2444
Fax 02 5524‑2139
- Aged > 18 years and defined as a carer by self
- Able to participate in gym-based exercise gentle circuit class and multidisciplinary educational classes.
Aboriginal Hydrotherapy is a free one hour Adult group based aerobic fun and fitness class every Thursday 11-12pm. Referrals must be faxed to Physiotherapy on 552 42139 and clearly marked Aboriginal Hydrotherapy.
Kempsey District Hospital
Kempsey NSW 2440
Phone 02 6562 0294
Fax 02 6562 0349
8am – 4.30pm Monday – Friday
Refer via: Fax: 6562 0349 or Email: MNCLHD-KEMP-Physiotherapy KempseyPhysiotherapy@ncahs.health.nsw.gov.au
In person / mail:
- Name, DOB, MRN, phone number, address
- Reason for referral / HPC (and date of injury)
- PMHx / meds
- Other important information
- An initial land based assessment is conducted prior to hydrotherapy.
- A hydrotherapy medical clearance form will be required to be completed by referring Doctor.
- Eight sessions are offered over four weeks with the physiotherapist.
- Options of maintenance groups following completion of physiotherapy sessions.