Adult and Paediatric outpatient hydrotherapy provides individual programs for people with musculo-skeletal conditions, some neurological conditions or injuries which would be responsive to water-based exercise.
Services available at these locations
To refer to Physiotherapy Services at Coffs Harbour specify the service you require and mail or fax your referral to the following address:
Coffs Harbour Health Campus Physiotherapy Service
345 Pacific Highway
Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
Fax 02 6656 7687
Referrals are triaged according to assessed urgency.
For further information please contact:
Phone 02 6656 7700
Port Macquarie Base Hospital
Port Macquarie, NSW 2444
Fax 02 5524‑2139
- Aged > 18 years and defined as a carer by self
- Able to participate in gym-based exercise gentle circuit class and multidisciplinary educational classes.
Aboriginal Hydrotherapy is a free one hour Adult group based aerobic fun and fitness class every Thursday 11-12pm. Referrals must be faxed to Physiotherapy on 552 42139 and clearly marked Aboriginal Hydrotherapy.
Kempsey District Hospital
Kempsey NSW 2440
Phone 02 6562 0294
Fax 02 6562 0349
8am – 4.00pm Monday – Friday
Refer via: Fax: 6562 0349 or Email: MNCLHD-KEMP-Physiotherapy mailto: MNCLHD-KEMP-Physiotherapy@health.nsw.gov.au
In person / mail:
- Name, DOB, MRN, phone number, address
- Reason for referral / HPC (and date of injury)
- PMHx / meds
- Other important information
- An initial land based assessment is conducted prior to hydrotherapy.
- A hydrotherapy medical clearance form will be required to be completed by referring Doctor.
- Eight sessions are offered over four weeks with the physiotherapist.
- Options of maintenance groups following completion of physiotherapy sessions.