Transitional Aged Care is a short term (up to 12 weeks) Commonwealth funded aged care service for older people leaving hospital who would usually be eligible for ongoing care in a residential aged care facility but who have the potential to improve their physical, cognitive or emotional function and wish to try and remain in their home.
- Client must agree to enter the service and be assessed by ACAT prior to discharge from hospital
- Be an older person, 65 years plus or 50 years plus if Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander
- Be medically stable and completed all acute and subacute care
- Be in hospital at the time of assessment and Commonwealth approval
- Enter onto the TACS program directly from hospital
- Be eligible to receive residential care should they apply for it
- Have achievable time limited goals (up to 12 weeks).
The Transitional Aged Care Program operates 7 days per week and offers:
- Case Management
- Occupational Therapy
- Residential Service Assistant
- Equipment loan.
A client contribution is charged for this program.
Services available at these locations
Phone 02 6656 5342
or Fax referrals via Intake Officer
Fax 02 6656 7610
Phone 02 6588 2875
Fax 02 6588 2881