What is Mid North Coast Local Health District Regional Assessment Service (MNCLHD RAS)?
MNCLHD RAS provides assessment of care needs of older people who are starting to need help to manage day to day activities. Following an assessment referrals can be made to a range of Commonwealth funded community based supports.
Target group is frail older people living in the community who are aged 65 years and over or 50 and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Requires assistance with activities of daily living to remain living independently within their own home and the community.
- Requires assistance due to a long term issue not an acute issue.
- Undertake a Home Support Assessment to enable access to Community Home Support Programme services.
- Referral assistance to appropriate supports following assessment.
- Liaison with family/carers and health care providers as necessary and with client consent.
Referral is via My Aged Care:
- My Aged care can be contacted by:
- Phone on 1800 200 422.
- FAX 1800 728 174.
- Online through https://www.myagedcare.gov.au/referral