ACTIP is a community aged care program that provides short term support (up to 8 weeks), case management and clinical interventions to eligible persons following a recent reduction in their independence due to illness or injury.
ACTIP is a restorative program that includes care coordination, assessment, goal setting, care planning and referral.
Criteria for referral
- 65 years or over, with an illness/injury.
- Aboriginal &/or Torres Strait Islander clients be over 45 years.
- Would benefit from a short-term intensive period of intervention.
- Registered client of a palliative care service.
- Unable to access nursing or allied health via a HCP provider.
Clients have to have at least one of the following:
- Recent acute illness/injury or change of circumstances resulting in reduced ability to self-care temporarily.
- Recent exacerbation of chronic illness resulting in a reduced ability to self-care temporarily.
- Recent surgical intervention resulting in a reduced ability to self-care temporarily.
- Lives alone and lacks support networks.
- Carer is aged and debilitated (frail aged).
- Client is carer of an aged debilitated person (frail aged)
- Recent episodes of confusion or disorientation.
Must include Nursing plus at least one of the below:
- Occupational Therapy
- Social Work
- Speech Therapy.
Services available at these locations
via Intake Officer
Phone 02 6656 7646
Macksville referrals for Nambucca Valley LGA to Community Care Options
Phone 02 6650 2000
Fax 02 6651 4362
Phone 02 6589 2260
Fax 02 5524 2256