×

Visit the NSW Government website for the latest COVID-19 rules and restrictions. 

Visiting a health facility? Check our visitor information page.  Need a test? Find a COVID-19 Testing Clinic near you.

close up of a mask to protect against COVID

Potential COVID-19 case excluded

Aug 11, 2021

COVID-19 information and alerts are published on this website regularly.
View the latest updates.

Following further investigations, the Mid North Coast Local Health District received confirmation overnight that a potential COVID-19 case in Coffs Harbour has tested negative for the virus.

This is another great example of the Public Health Unit working quickly to investigate and conduct follow-up testing after the visiting Sydney person received an initial weak positive result in routine periodic testing earlier this week.

Two subsequent negative results have since been received and the person has now been excluded as a case.

While this result is reassuring, it also serves as an important reminder for ongoing vigilance and COVID-safe behaviours, said MNCLHD Chief Executive Stewart Dowrick.

“We continue to encourage anyone who has even the mildest of symptoms, regardless of where they are on the Mid North Coast, to get tested and isolate until they receive their result,” Mr Dowrick said.

NSW recorded 344 new locally acquired cases of COVID-19 in the 24 hours to 8pm last night with 65 of those cases infectious in the community.

Sadly, NSW Health has been notified of two deaths of people with COVID-19. A man in his 30s from northern Sydney died at Northern Beaches Hospital and a man in his 90s from south west Sydney died at Concord Hospital.

There are currently 374 COVID-19 cases admitted to hospital, with 62 people in intensive care, 29 of whom require ventilation.

NSW Health has also reported two confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Dubbo who are members of the same household and will be included in tomorrow’s numbers.

New restrictions will be introduced for the Dubbo Local Government Area (LGA), which includes Wellington, Wongarbon, Geurie, Brocklehurst, Stuart Town, Mumbil and Eumungerie, effective from 1pm today until the beginning of 19 August 2021.

The stay-at-home orders will apply to all people who live in the Dubbo LGA or have been there on or after 1 August 2021.

The rules for this area will be the same as those already in place across Greater Sydney, as well as Tamworth, Northern Rivers, Armidale, Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Maitland, Port Stephens, Singleton, Dungog, Muswellbrook and Cessnock.

Please remember to access the NSW Government website for the latest COVID-19 information.

Top of page