Pink Silks Trust supports women following sexual assaultDec 21, 2023
Coffs Harbour Health Campus’ Emergency Department has been gifted specialised equipment that will help support women who have been sexually assaulted.
The highly respected local charity, Pink Silks Trust, made the $7,500 donation to purchase a gynaecology treatment table, that quickly transforms into a specialised examination bed, a lockable instrument trolley and specialised instruments.
Pink Silks Trust Chair and Co-founder Tanya Johnson OAM said the donation was possible thanks to funds raised at the Pink Silks Trust Ladies Charity Race Day in January and the Insurance Industry Bowls Day, held annually in May.
“We cannot be prouder of, and more grateful for, the generosity this community continues to show for those women going through a difficult time in their lives,” Mrs Johnson said.
“This is a community that wants to help, that wants to be part of the support needed in this area of women’s health.
“These community events have been able to provide much-needed equipment for women presenting to ED who are traumatised by sexual assault.
“The donation will give them the thoroughness and sensitivity they need in this distressing time.
“Pink Silks Trust and this community want to be able to provide an environment of support and comfort to these women through this vulnerable and difficult experience,” Mrs Johnson said.
The next two fundraising events for the charity are Pink Silks Trust Golf Day on Friday, 12 January 2024, and Pink Silks Trust Ladies Charity Race Day on Sunday, 14 January 2024.
To be involved with Pink Silks and the work it does locally, check their website for contact details or through their socials.
To be a beneficiary for funds and increase the awareness of specific work with women in the local area, contact Pink Silks Trust through their website or social media.
Pink Silks Trust is a local registered community charity making a significant difference in local women’s health journeys.
Pink Silks Trust donations to Mid North Coast Cancer Institute – Coffs Harbour Health Campus:
- Oncology Chemotherapy Unit- Media equipment
- Head and Neck Cancers- equipment and education material
- Breast Cancer Education Day- funding subsidies
Pink Silks Trust donations to Coffs Harbour Health Campus:
- Gynaecological Department (new service)- examination bed, sterilisable equipment and 2 x Dictaphones
- Perioperative (Theatre) Department- 2 x Breast Light retractors + 2 x HD monitors/stands
- Emergency Department- BiPap Machine
- Palliative Care Unit- equipment for home care of terminal patients – several donations
- Maternity Unit- ultrasound machine for birthing suite
- Intensive Care Unit- portable ventilator (life support machine) and Prismaflex
- Stroke and Rehabilitation Unit- equipment and refurbishment of rehabilitation unit
- MNC Brain Injury and Rehabilitation Unit- ½ car for home visits (shared)
- Sexual Assault Unit- women/young females- beautifying examination room
- Coffs Harbour Hospital Expansion– 5 x Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs)
- BreastScreen Australia- larger breast screen plates for mammograms
- The Young and the Breastless Support Group