Excellence recognised at Aboriginal Health ForumDec 11, 2023
Mid North Coast Local Health District held its annual Aboriginal Health Forum at Macksville recently.
The Forum was attended by more than 60 Aboriginal Health staff from across the district and was an opportunity to come together and reflect on the past year, focusing on some key achievements of the Local Health District.
Among the achievements were;
Special mention to MNCLHD Quality and innovation award winners:
- Tianna Bailey for Got It! Program adapted for Greenhills Public School. The program also won the State Way Ahead Mental Health Matters award
- Jodi Shaw – Corporate Employee of the Year
- Milla (Ulamila Rokodakunivosa) received the Director’s award in recognition of her continued dedication to patients and to the wider community.
A number of our staff received special awards for completing their studies including;
- Tianna Bailey completing Bachelor Health Science (Mental Health)
- Chelsea Edwards completing Bachelor of Nursing
- Mackenzie Clarke completing Bachelor of Nursing
- Tahlia Duroux-Lancaster completing Certificate 4 Aboriginal Health Practitioner
Director of Aboriginal Health and Primary Partnerships Robyn Martin used the opportunity to thank all Aboriginal Health staff and recognised the challenges of 2023. She thanked staff for their continued efforts to ensure Aboriginal Health is a key focus in all directorates and for playing a part in delivering culturally safe and appropriate health services and programs to improve health outcomes for our Aboriginal community on the Mid North Coast.