Respiratory/Asthma Education Service
The Respiratory/Asthma Education Service provides education on:
- signs, symptoms and physiology of the disease
- common triggers
- assessing disease severity and control
- how medications can help manage symptoms
- how to use an inhaler, spacer and medications
- understanding and managing individual triggers
- understanding an asthma action plan
- respiratory/asthma first aid and dealing with an respiratory/asthma emergency.
Must have a primary respiratory diagnosis of asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), bronchiectasis or clients that require oxygen education.
The respiratory/asthma educator will contact the client to make an appointment.
Clients can self-refer. Waiting periods may apply, with priority given in some instances.
345 Pacific Highway
Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
Port Macquarie NSW 2444