Aged Care information links

  • The Australian Government Department of Health and Care is the definitive source of all aged care related information including the funded services and how to access them, and what you need to do as a service provider to deliver our aged care programs including the Aged Care Act 1997. There is new Aged Care Act due in 2024.
  • Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission is the national end-to-end regulator of aged care services and serves to protect and improve the safety, health, wellbeing, and quality of life of people receiving Australian funded aged care.
  • Aged care complaints commission is available to help you to resolve a concern or complaint  about aged care provision that has not been able to resolve by talking with the service provider.
  • My Aged Care (MAC) is the definitive site for all information regarding Residential Aged Care. There are over 37 residential aged care facilities across the Mid North Coast. Local providers can be found at Find a provider by location (
  • The Care Finder Program is a federal program that provides support for vulnerable older people to interact with My Aged Care, access aged care services and access other relevant supports in the community. The Healthy North Coast website can help you find a local care finder (including EACH, Carexcell and Lifetime Connect).
  • A Home Care Package (HCP) is a government-subsidised program for eligible seniors designed to help older people who want to stay at home for longer. It lets you access long-term coordinated support services which help you continue living independently and confidently in your own home.
  • Short Term Restorative Care (STRC) programme provides services to older people for up to 8 weeks to help them delay or avoid long-term care.
  • National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Flexible Aged Care Program provides culturally appropriate aged care to older Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. The service providers in this program deliver a mix of aged care services, mainly in rural and remote area.
  • Voluntary Assisted Dying (VAD) is now available for eligible people in NSW.
  • MNCLHD Security of Tenure fact sheet (pdf).
Top of page