To view current health alerts – Click Here.
North Coast Public Health incorporates HIV and Related Program (HARP) Services and the North Coast Public Health Unit (NCPHU). These services are primarily responsible for, and engage in, the delivery of public health services in accordance with relevant legislation and in response to emerging public health issues.
North Coast Public Health services are managed and funded via the Mid North Coast Local Health District, and are delivered across both the Mid North Coast and Northern NSW Local Health Districts, from Johns River to Tweed Heads.
The core functions of the Public Health Unit are:
- Communicable disease surveillance and control
- Tuberculosis Prevention and Control
- Immunisation including the school-based immunisation program
- Environmental Health, including Tobacco control
- Aboriginal Public/Environmental Health
- Public Health Disaster Management
- Public Health aspects of bio-preparedness
- Epidemiology and Health Informatics.
HARP is responsible for HIV/AIDS, sexual health and hepatitis C programs and services that include:
- Health promotion, education and information
- Screening and testing
- Health management, referral and counseling.
Public Health Unit Contact Details:
NSW Public Health Unit Access Line
1300 066 055 Business hours
Services available at these locations
Public Health Unit – Port Macquarie Office
PO Box 126 (Morton Street)
Port Macquarie NSW 2444
Phone 02 6588 2750
02 6588 2837
0439 882 752
0428 882 805