Phone 02 6561 2600
119 River Street
Kempsey NSW 2440
The Mid North Coast Local Health District acknowledges that the wellbeing and safety of patients is enhanced by support from family, carers and close friends.
All MNCLHD facilities now have flexible visiting times based on individual patient needs. However, it is important that patients are able to have adequate rest, if you wish to visit between the hours of 8pm and 7am it would be appreciated if you consult with nursing staff prior to visiting.
Kempsey District Hospital is a local community, level 3 rural hospital within the Mid North Coast Local Health District providing care to over 11,300 patients every year. Kempsey Health Campus has 81 beds, 10 of which are used for voluntary mental health patients.
Services Provided at Kempsey District Hospital
Kempsey District Hospital provides services at a role delineation 3 and a 24 hour Emergency Department that is staffed by local GP VMOs supplemented by career medical officers. Surgical services include general, gynaecology, ophthalmology, orthopaedics, dental and endoscopies, Day Surgery, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics (Shoulders, arthroscopies –day stay or overnight procedures only), Endoscopies & Colonoscopies, some urology, elective and emergency Caesarean Sections at designated level.
In May 2012, the NSW Government and the Australian Government announced a major capital investment of $80 million for the Kempsey District Hospital Redevelopment read more here.
Other services include
- Aboriginal Maternal Infant Health Strategy (AMIHS) read more »
- Acute to Aged Related Care Services (AARCS) read more »
- Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) read more »
- Audiometry Service read more »
- Cardiac Rehabilitation read more »
- Carer’s Program read more »
- Child and Family Nursing Service read more »
- Child, Adolescent and Family Counselling Service read more »
- Chronic Care for Aboriginal People (CCAP) read more »
- Chronic Care Program read more »
- Community Mental Health Services read more »
- Continence Clinics read more »
- Dental Services read more »
- Diabetes Service read more »
- Drug and Alcohol Services read more »
- Early Childhood Immunisation read more »
- Generalist Community Nursing Service read more »
- Harm Reduction – Needle and Syringe Program (NSP) read more »
- HIV and Related Programs (HARP) read more »
- Maternity Services read more »
- Nutrition & Dietetics Service read more »
- Occupational Therapy read more »
- Palliative Care read more »
- Pathology read more »
- Podiatry Service read more »
- Respiratory / Asthma Education Service read more »
- Sexual Assault Services read more »
- Sexual Health read more »
- Speech Pathology Service read more »
- Stomal Therapy Service read more »
- Wound Management Services read more »