Please click here for current information about Ebola Virus Disease.
Please click here for current information about beating the heat.
North Coast Public Health incorporates HIV and Related Program (HARP) Services and the North Coast Public Health Unit (NCPHU). These services are primarily responsible for, and engage in, the delivery of public health services in accordance with relevant legislation and in response to emerging public health issues.
North Coast Public Health services are managed and funded via the Mid North Coast Local Health District, and are delivered across both the Mid North Coast and Northern NSW Local Health Districts, from Johns River to Tweed Heads.
The core functions of the Public Health Unit are:
- Communicable disease surveillance and control
- Tuberculosis Prevention and Control
- Immunisation including the school-based immunisation program
- Environmental Health, including Tobacco control
- Aboriginal Public/Environmental Health
- Public Health Disaster Management
- Public Health aspects of bio-preparedness
- Epidemiology and Health Informatics
- health promotion, education and information
- screening and testing,
- health management, referral and counseling
Public Health Unit Contact Details:
NSW Public Health Unit Access Line
1300 066 055 Business hours
Public Health Unit – Port Macquarie Office
PO Box 126 (Morton Street)
Port Macquarie NSW 2444
(02) 6588 2750 (02) 6588 2837
Public Health Unit – Lismore Office
PO Box 498 (31 Uralba Street)
Lismore NSW 2480
(02) 6620 7585 (02) 6620 2552
After Hours Contact Details:
0439 882 752
0428 882 805